✅ This feature is only available on our Small Business plan or above.
Here's what we're covering:
• What ReCharge is
• What you need to install the ReCharge app
• How to install the ReCharge app
• Setting up the ReCharge app
• How customers claim their ReCharge coupon
ReCharge is the most used recurring billing and subscription solution service in the Shopify app store.
The ReCharge Smile app allows you to:
• Reward customers for recurring purchases
• Reward customers with discounts on future subscription payments
What you need to install the ReCharge app:
• A valid ReCharge API key with access to "read customers" and "read & write discounts"
• Products set up for subscription billing
How to install the ReCharge app.
Enter your ReCharge API key and click Connect to ReCharge.
Setting up the ReCharge app.
Once the ReCharge app is connected to your Smile account, you need to set up the ReCharge subscription coupon.
Scroll down to find the ReCharge spending option. When you've found it, click the Add Rule button.
In the coupon edit page, complete the available fields. Once you click Create, your customers will be able to spend their points for this subscription reward.
📝 Pro Tip:
Make your subscription coupon reward as exciting as the rest of your program by giving it a unique name, details, and instructions for your customers to see. You can even add a custom icon to really make it stand out!
How customers claim their ReCharge coupon.
In order to claim their ReCharge subscription reward, your customers will need to be logged into their account on your store.
Once they've logged in, they can navigate to your program's launcher and click "See rewards you can earn." This will bring them to your Rewards page.
The ReCharge subscription coupon will be listed as one of the rewards you offer in your program. If they have enough points, they can use it by clicking the Redeem button.
As soon as they click Redeem, a coupon code will show up in the customer panel. Customers can then either Copy the code to use immediately, or access it in the follow-up email sent automatically through Smile.
Note: your ReCharge API key will only automatically generate a coupon code for subscription items. If you sell non-subscription items, you will need to create a separate reward for your customers to use.
Customers can use the ReCharge coupon code in two ways:
• New customers can apply the coupon code in the checkout of a new subscription
• Returning customers can click the button that says "Apply Discount Code" and apply the coupon code
💖 We'd love your feedback!
If you have any ideas about other information you would like to sync with ReCharge, please send your feedback to email@example.com and let us know why this information is important for your rewards program.