Bonus points event
Here's what we're covering:
- What is a bonus points event?
- How to configure your promotion in Smile
- How to market your promotion to your program members
Running a bonus points campaign is a great points earning promotion that helps boost customer engagement by increasing your variable "Make a purchase" earning rule for a limited time.
A double points event grows and engages your important customer community! Programs like this incentivize new sign-ups, engage inactive members with bonus points and rewards, and reward your loyal brand advocates - all at once! 😄
Smile Setup (before promotional event)
Create a new earning rule for your promotional campaign: Navigate to Points > Earning > Add Earning Rule > "Make an Order" > Add Action
📝 Pro TipYou can use any of your ongoing earning rules as your bonus points event! "Sign-up bonus" is another popular option.
Input the increased value you'd like to award for points (for example, if your current "Make an Order" rule is 2 points per dollar spent, increase this to 4 points per dollar spent for a "Double Points" promotion!)
Change the start state to DISABLED (very important) - this means your new rule will not yet be active. Click "Create" after you've changed your start state.
📝 Pro Tip You can re-name your bonus points event rule after you click "Create" by filling in the Name field and clicking Save!
Smile Setup (Start Event)
Click your current (active) Place an Order rule and click "Disable"
After you've disabled your current Place an Order rule, navigate back to your bonus point rule and click "Enable".
Smile Setup (End Event)
Click your bonus point rule and click "Disable"
After you've disabled your bonus points event rule, navigate back to your original "Place an Order" rule and click "Enable".
How to Market your Promotion
Create an email or social media campaign and send this message to all program members. This communication should outline the following:
- Name of your promotion (ex. Double Points)
- Timeline of the event (ex. Double Points THIS LONG WEEKEND: May 21 to May 24)
- Include your spending rules (rewards) so your customers know what they can redeem their points for! (optional, but best practice)
Create a second campaign to begin the bonus points event. This second email should outline:
- An announcement that the bonus point has begun
- A CTA to your store's homepage to begin shopping!
Create an email campaign and send this message to all non-members. This communication should outline:
- The upcoming promotional details (ex. Double points this long weekend!)
- The promotion is available to all rewards program members
- Include a CTA to sign-up with a store account (your store's native registration page)
Looking for more information on bonus points promotions? Read our full blog post here!
Have any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to help you out! 😄