Differences between POS and online orders
Here's what we're covering:
There are a number of differences between your points program's POS and online orders.
1. Separate earning actions.
In order to award points to your POS and online customers, you need to set up two distinct earning actions. One is specifically for POS orders, and the other is for online orders.
These rules can both be set up and managed in the Actions section of your program.
2. Separate Rewards.
Similar to the earning rules, you need to set up two distinct spending rules. One is specifically for POS orders, and the other is for online orders.
This means that customers making a purchase in-store cannot use an online coupon code as a reward, and vice versa.
These rules can both be set up and managed in the Rewards section of your program.
3. POS customers will be added to your program.
If you attach an email to a purchase using Shopify POS, we will add that customer as a member to your program.
- Earn points on orders associated with that email
- Move through VIP tiers based on dollars or points earned
- Need to create an account at your store using that same email in order to complete other actions and earn rewards.
Note: if you'd like to reward POS customers for completing these actions, you can manually adjust their points balance to reflect the points they would have earned as an online customer.