VIP program updates
What we're covering:
- What's changing
- How these changes will impact your VIP program
- How to communicate these changes with your customers
- Other features you'll gain access to after your program is updated
On June, 1 our existing rolling-365-day milestone period is going to be replaced with our new calendar year milestone.
Benefits of calendar year milestone
- Easier for customers to understand how their tiers are calculated and when they expire.
- Customers one full year to earn their VIP tier and one full year to enjoy the benefits of that tier.
- Every customer has the same expiry date, making it easier to communicate with customers about VIP expiry.
How calendar year milestone will work
The calendar year milestone will use all of your customers’ eligible earning activities within one full calendar year to determine their VIP tier.
If you used a points-earned milestone type, your expiry would look like this:
If a customer earns enough points to reach your gold tier in September of 2019, they’ll get to enjoy the benefits of your gold tier for the rest of that year and all of 2020.
During 2020, they’ll have to earn enough points to re-qualify for your gold tier. If they do not, their tier will be recalculated based on the points they have earned.
How this update will impact your program
To make sure there is minimal disruption to your existing program members, customers will keep their current tier until Dec. 31, 2020 once your program is updated. This new tier expiry date will be visible in their customer Panel.
Here’s an example of how your customers’ tiers will map over during the update.
Any new members that join will have their tier expiry calculated using the new calendar year milestone period.
How to communicate these changes with your customers
Since your customer's VIP tier expiry date and the way their tiers will be calculated moving forward will be changing, we recommend that you communicate these changes with your customers before you update. Here are a few things you may want to consider:
- Updating your program explainer page
- Updating your program's terms and conditions
- Updating any welcome email communications that may reference your VIP program
- Sending out an email communication to your customers
Other features you'll have access to after this update
Ability to manually place a customer into tiers
After the update, you'll be able to manually place a customer into a higher VIP tier. Offering a program member access to a higher VIP tier and all of the benefits that come with it is an easy way to offer an exceptional customer experience.