Bonus Points Events
Here's what we're covering:
- What is a bonus points event?
- How to configure your promotion in Smile
- How to market your promotion to your program members
Running a bonus points campaign is a great points earning promotion that helps boost customer engagement by increasing your variable "Make a purchase" earning rule for a limited time.
A double points event grows and engages your important customer community! Programs like this incentivize new sign-ups, engage inactive members with bonus points and rewards, and reward your loyal brand advocates - all at once! 😄
Smile Setup (start event)
Edit your current 'Place an Order' earning action: Navigate to Program > Points > Actions - and click on the 'Place an order' action.
📝 Pro Tip
You can use any of your ongoing earning rules as your bonus points event! "Sign-up bonus" is another popular option.
Input the increased value you'd like to award for points (for example, if your current "Make an Order" rule is 2 points per dollar spent, increase this to 4 points per dollar spent for a "Double Points" promotion!)
Click Save - please note that this will Start the event right away!
📝 Pro Tip
You can re-name your bonus points event action during the promotion help make the bonus clear to your customers!
Smile Setup (End Event)
Click your bonus point rule under 'Programs' > 'Points' > 'Actions' and switch it back to the original value and name.
Click Save - this will end the bonus points earning event.
How to Market your Promotion
Create an email or social media campaign and send this message to all program members. This communication should outline the following:
- Name of your promotion (ex. Double Points)
- Timeline of the event (ex. Double Points THIS LONG WEEKEND: May 21 to May 24)
- Include your spending rules (rewards) so your customers know what they can redeem their points for! (optional, but best practice)
Create a second campaign to begin the bonus points event. This second email should outline:
- An announcement that the bonus point has begun
- A CTA to your store's homepage to begin shopping!
Create an email campaign and send this message to all non-members. This communication should outline:
- The upcoming promotional details (ex. Double points this long weekend!)
- The promotion is available to all rewards program members
- Include a CTA to sign-up with a store account (your store's native registration page)
Looking for more information on bonus points promotions? Read our full blog post here!
Have any questions? Send an email to email@example.com and we'd be happy to help you out! 😄