This tutorial will go over how to redeem a customers points for a reward using:
This tutorial is only applicable to Shopify merchants. ✅
In order for this to work, please ensure that you have added some POS specific rewards - here's how: Setup POS-specific rewards
Shopify POS Classic
1. Select the customer placing the order, you can do this by searching for their email address:
2. Select the item your customer is purchasing, then select view actions underneath the points balance on the right hand side:
3. Select an option from the available POS rewards:
After selecting a reward, you will see that the discount has been applied to the customers order.
If you are unable to use the above instructions to redeem your customers points, you may be on an unsupported version of Shopify POS.
In this case, you can click the 3 dots on the upper right hand corner and select "Redeem this customer's points":
Then, select the coupon that the customer would like to redeem to apply it to the subtotal of their order:
Shopify POS Pro
If you are using the new Shopify POS Pro app, you'll want to:
- Click 'Add Tile' > 'Apps'
- Select 'Smile: Rewards & Loyalty'
- Choose the tile under "App Extensions" to add
Once this is added - you should be able to see this tile light up whenever you add a customer to the order who is a member, and has enough points for a POS reward!