✅ This integration is only available for Shopify Plus merchants.
Here's what we're covering:
• What Shopify Flow enables your program to do
• How to integrate Shopify Flow into your Smile rewards program
Using Smile and Shopify Flow
Shopify Flow is an app provided to Shopify Plus merchants that allows them to perform actions based on trigger events.
With Smile you can use Flow to trigger the awarding of points within Smile.
Award bonus points for:
• Orders over a certain amount
• A customer's 5th purchase
• Specific high value products
Setting up a flow reward
Setting up a flow reward has three steps:
- Create the flow action in Smile Admin
- Build the flow in Shopify Flow
- Create an earning rule that this flow will trigger
1. Create a flow action in Smile Admin
- In Smile Admin go to manage your apps
- Select Shopify from the list of installed integrations
- In your Shopify settings find the Shopify Flow actions card - this will only be visible to Shopify Plus merchants
- Select Create flow action
- Choose the trigger type: "Order paid" is used to generate rewards when someone places an order. "Customer created" would be used when someone signs up for an account on your store.
- Fill out your action title and then create your Flow action
2. Building the flow in Shopify
Open your Shopify admin in a new browser tab
- Go to Apps > Shopify Flow
- In Flow select the "Create workflow" button
- Select a trigger that matches the Trigger type of your action in Smile (It will be either ‘Customer created’, or ‘Order paid’)
Then set your customer conditions. Ex. Customer order count is equal to 5.
Once your conditions are set.
- Select “Select action”
- Select "Send HTTP request" from the available list of actions
- Select POST from the HTTP method dropdown
- Copy and paste the URL, Header key, Header value, and Body snippets from Smile Admin into their matching sections in Shopify Flow
- Your Shopify flow should now look something like this:
- Save your flow (in Shopify) once you have finished setting up your conditions and actions.
- We recommend giving your flow the same name as the “Action name“ you created in Smile. Ex. "Place 5th order"
3. Create an earning rule that this flow will trigger
Note: if you do not complete this step, your flow will not work and no actions will trigger.
- In Smile admin select "Next" and "Create earning rule"
- Scroll to the bottom and you should see a new earning rule with the same name at the flow you've created
- Click "Add action" and continue to set up that earning rule
- Once you have finished creating your earning rule. Go to Shopify and enable your workflow if you have not done so already.
That's it, your workflow will now automatically execute with the earnings rule that you have set up. In the case of our example any customer who places 5 orders will receive bonus points.
Note: points customers earn as part of a flow action rewarding for placing an order will not be refunded if the order is refunded.
In other words, customers will keep the points they earned as part of the flow order action even if the money for their order is refunded.