Use Smile with Shopify Flow
✅ This integration is only available for Shopify Plus merchants.
Here's what we're covering:
• How to integrate Shopify Flow into your Smile rewards program
Using Smile and Shopify Flow
Shopify Flow is an app provided to Shopify Plus merchants that allows them to perform actions based on trigger events.
With Smile you can use Flow to trigger the awarding of points within Smile.
Award bonus points for:
• Orders over a certain amount
• A customer's 5th purchase
• Specific high value products
Setting up a flow reward
Setting up a flow reward has three steps:
- Create the flow action in Smile Admin
- Build the flow in Shopify Flow
- Create an earning rule that this flow will trigger
1. Create a flow action in Smile Admin
- In Smile Admin go to Settings > Platform
- In your Shopify settings find the Shopify Flow actions card - this will only be visible to Shopify Plus merchants
- Select Create Flow action
- Choose the trigger type: Order paid is used to generate rewards when someone places an order. Customer created would be used when a customer's profile is first created.
- Fill out your action title and then create your Flow action
2. Building the flow in Shopify
Open your Shopify admin in a new browser tab.
- Go to Apps > Shopify Flow.
- In Flow select the Create workflow button.
- Select a trigger that matches the Trigger type of your action in Smile (It will be either Customer created, or Order paid).
Then set your customer conditions. Ex. Customer order count is equal to 5.
Once your conditions are set.
- Click Select action.
- Select Send Smile activity from the available list of actions.
- Copy the Activity type code from within Smile Admin.
- Paste this code into the Activity type field in your Shopify flow.
- Set your trigger type (either Customer Id or Order Id) using Shopify flow template variables.
- Your Shopify flow should now look something like this:
- Once you've finished setting up your conditions and actions, save your flow in Shopify.
- We recommend giving your flow the same name as the Action name you created in Smile. Ex. "Place 5th order"
3. Create an earning rule that this flow will trigger
Note: if you do not complete this step, your flow will not work and no actions will trigger.
- In Smile Admin select Next and you'll be prompted to Create an earning action. Select Create earning rule.
- You should now see a new earning rule with the same name as the flow you've created.
- Click Add action and continue to set up that earning action.
- Once you have finished creating your earning rule. Go to Shopify and enable your workflow if you have not done so already.
That's it, your workflow will now automatically execute with the earning rule that you've set up. In the case of our example any customer who places 5 orders will receive bonus points.