The California Consumer Privacy Act or CCPA is one of several bills or laws that are or have been implemented in various regions of the world geared towards protecting individuals privacy rights. Smile is aware of and adheres to this type of legislation to ensure the rights of our merchants and their customers is controlled where it comes to personal information.
Here's what we're covering:
- What is CCPA?
- How does CCPA affect Smile?
- How does CCPA affect you?
- What do you need to know when using Smile?
What is CCPA?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a bill designed to give residents of California more control over their personal data and usage of that data, including:
- What personal information is being collected
- Is that information being sold, and if so, to whom?
- Say no to having their personal information sold
- Access their personal information
- Request to have their personal information deleted
- Not be discriminated against for exercising these rights
How does CCPA affect Smile?
While we do collect personal information on your customers, Smile does not sell your customers' personal data. In compliance with CCPA, we will provide and remove customer data upon request.
How does CCPA affect you?
All Smile users should consult with their legal professionals to understand their full scope of compliance obligations under the CCPA. As a general rule, if you have customers who are residents of California in the United States of America, you need to be CCPA compliant.
What do you need to know when using Smile?
The fine print: This CCPA Guide is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice. Please reach out to your legal counsel to receive tailored guidance on how the CCPA may impact your business.