Referrals are a great way to expand your reach and grow your customer base.
Here's what we're covering:
- The referral flow
- Sending referrals from the customer panel
- Sending referrals from the post-purchase page
The Referral Flow
In Smile, the referral flow is simple.
1. Your Customer Advocate refers their friend by sending them their referral URL.
2. When customer B clicks the URL and enters their email, they will get their reward. They will then have the ability to click 'Apply Code' - which directly adds the code to their shopping cart.
3. If they then go on to make a purchase, the Advocate will get their reward.
Sending referrals from the customer panel
With a Smile referral program, your customers are encouraged to share their referrals from directly within the customer panel. By default the sharing options are Facebook, Twitter, and email.
Advocates can also copy and paste their referral url and send it to friends and family wherever they like.
If a customer has checked out as a guest before, or entered their email in any capacity they will not be able to use the referral link (as they will already have an email associated with their name) and will therefore not be eligible.
Sending referrals from the post-purchase page
✅ The Guest Referrals feature is only available for merchants on the Shopify platform
✅ The Nudges feature is available for merchants on Shopify or BigCommerce, and the Growth plan or above.