✅ This feature is available on paid Smile plans
✅ This feature is only available for merchants on Shopify and Wix
Smile has recently released a new Customer Accounts setting - which will allow all customers (including guest customers) to earn points on their orders, refer their friends to your store, and earn VIP perks.
This article will provide the steps on how to enable Customer Accounts in your program - so you can allow non-members of your loyalty program to engage and become brand advocates!
📋 Note: Guest Referrals settings have been combined into the new Customer Accounts setting. If you previously used Guest Referrals you will need to enable Customer Accounts to continue to allow guest customers to participate in your referral program.
Here's what we're covering:
How to Enable Customer Accounts
Step 1: Login to Smile Admin. Head over to Settings > Customer Accounts
Step 2: Click 'All customers' and click 'Save'
📋 Note: You can toggle the setting on or off at any point.
How Customer Accounts Works
Customer Accounts can expand the reach of your program! Here is how it works in each section of your loyalty program:
📋 Note: Customer Accounts will only award for orders and activity moving forward. It will not award for any purchases or activity prior to you turning the setting on.
- All customers on your store will start earning points on orders, even those who checkout as a guest. They will receive our brand new points earned email - check out the layout here!
- Customers will still need to create an account to earn welcome or social points.
- Customers will still need to create an account to spend points.
- All customers on your store will have a unique referral link they can share with their friends.
- If a customer is a guest, they will receive an on-site message on the order 'thank you' page with their referral link to share.
- When you first turn Customer Accounts on, if your program has VIP enabled, all guest customers will be placed into tiers. They will not receive entry rewards or emails on this initial placement.
- Guest customers will continue to earn any entry rewards and be sent any emails you have enabled as they move up tiers (after the initial placement).
✅ VIP is available on Smile Professional plans and above
How to Disable Customer Accounts
Step 1: Login to Smile admin. Head over to Settings > Customer Accounts
Step 2: Click 'Only Customers who create an account on your store' and click 'Save'
⚠️ Warning: If you disable Customer Accounts, guest customers will no longer earn points on orders, their referral links will show as expired, and they will lose their VIP placement. Any previously earned rewards or points will remain in their account for the customer to use.